Monday, February 15, 2010

4 Day Weekend; Chinese New year; Valentine's Day


On Friday, the 12th, I stayed home the whole day and I woke up at around noon. Probably because I was too exhausted from the work I've been doing during those 4 days of school. It was a pretty relaxed day though.

On Saturday, I had piano lessons from 12:30 - 3:00 at my piano teacher's house. After that I went back home and got ready to go eat out with my family for Chinese New Years with my family. My side of the family were super slow at getting ready. My cousin's side were already there. They got a table for us already and they already ordered some food too. By the time we arrived, there were already food on the table. But we were still able to order food. We also gave each other red envelopes. I got around $300 that day.

On Sunday, I went to San Francisco with Leon! We watched Dear John and we cried. It was a sad movie and it was also a very lovable movie too. I really liked it. Some of my friends said it was very good also, but a few of my friends said it was bad. I don't think it's bad at all. I think it was very good. Channing Tatum stars in it too! I remember watching him in She's The Man starring Amanda Bynes. It made me want to watch that again. After the movie, we walked around Westfield and then we went to Subways to get a sandwich because we got hungry. My stomach was growling during the movie too and Leon heard. How embarrassing... After we ordered our sandwich, this guy came up to us asking us for money. It was so weird and creepy, plus we didn't have that much money anyways. We had like a few more dollars left but we need those to take the bus. So we just left... and then he went to ask someone else for money.
Later we went back to Westfield and sat somewhere to eat. After that, we walked around some more and then it was around 5 so we started going back to Oakland. At the bart, Leon gave me a giant teddy bear that's holding a heart that says LOVE on it. It's so cute! The bart came, and we went out at Lake Merritt bart station. My friends were hanging out at Chinatown the whole day while Leon and I were at San Francisco so we met up with them after. Around 5:30 my mom came to Lincoln Square at China town to pick me up. That day was amazing!

Today, the 15th, my parents, grandpa, aunt, and niece went out to Emeryville to eat. We went to a restaurant called Hong Kong East Ocean. I like that restaurant, it's pretty inside and you can see the Ocean too. No wonder it's called East Ocean... My mom made me bring my camera so we can take pictures to send to China to show the rest of our family. Today I ate a lot, which was surprising because I don't usually eat that much because I get full super fast. When we were done eating, my dad and my grandpa went home first while my mom, my aunt, and niece went to Bay Street to walk around. There was this bag from H&M that I really wanted, but my mom wouldn't let me have it because she said it wasn't good and it's expensive, when it really wasn't. She didn't even take a look at it and she already said no and she went to another store. If I brought my own money, I could've gotten it. Then at Abercrombie and Fitch, I saw this top that was cute too. And it was on sale so it wasn't so expensive like how their clothes usually are. I asked my mom if I could get it and she said no again. Oh well... the next time I'm coming back out here, I'm going to bring my own money. I don't know why I didn't bring it out today. I guess it's cause i didn't know we were going to go to Bay Street to walk around. I thought we were only going to eat and that's it.

This 4 day weekend went by super fast. But it's okay. I'm not looking forward to school tomorrow. I feel like I need more days to relax because I'm still super tired. At least there's only 4 day of school this week too, even though it's not that much of a difference. What I am looking forward to now is Spring break, which is in April. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment