Tuesday, February 9, 2010

4 days

There are 4 days of school this week and after, we're having our 4 day weekend. President's day! My friends from San Leandro High have the whole week off though. At first I thought these 4 days are going to be pretty chilled and relax, but I ended up having so much work to do. In history, we're having a group project about the Imperialism that we can work on in class that is due this Thursday at the end of the period. I really don't know how we are going to finish it if we don't have that much time in class, unless we work on it during lunch or after school. Priscilla, Grant, and Katherine are in my group. Katherine has her swim meet after school, so I guess only Priscilla and Grant can meet up with me after school or something. We want to make it look super nice too. If only this project can be due next week, it would be so much better; we wouldn't have to worry about so much.

Spanish is pretty stressful too. Yesterday we had this homework assignment where we had to translate the English sentences into Spanish. Today in class, we were going over it, and when we came up to the second to last sentence, everyone was struggling with it because everyone got it wrong. Ms. Castro gave us 30 seconds to fix it and whoever gets it right gets pesos. Everyone was working so hard for the next 30 seconds to get the pesos and then time was up, and she gave everyone pesos for trying anyways.

The next thing you know it, she gave me a 0 for that one sentence. She posted it on schoolloop. Ryan then texted me telling me Ms. Castro gave him an F for he assignment. Later I went on schoolloop and she gave me a 0 for the assignment too! My A+ in the class dropped down to a D+. This better be a mistake...

Mr. Sutherland! You still haven't changed my grade for my blog post that was due on January 29th, when I posted it on lab day; January 27th. You told me you didn't see it but it's there. And I have 479 words and they are split up into paragraphs. Can you check it again please? Thanks!

Oh yeah, last semester, I got a 4.0! My first 4.0 I was super happy and my parents were proud, but they didn't really make a big deal out of it, as if they expect me to get a 4.0, but this is my first. Now, starting at the 2nd semester, I felt like things are going to get harder, and things ARE getting harder. Right now, I'm on schoolloop, and I see my grades; D+ in spanish, B in computers, F in English, A- in history, and my grade in math didn't change yet; Ms. Needham didn't update it yet. And coach Pearse doesn't even use schoolloop. So looking at these grades makes me upset. I want to improve this year. And I did, during the 1st semester. Now I'm starting to doubt if it was actually me who worked hard and got my 4.0 because I deserve it? Or is it because I got lucky? I feel like I'm working pretty hard right now too. But why do I have such bad grades all of a sudden? Hopefully this year will end smoothly giving me a 4.0 again. If not, hopefully the lowest I'll get is a 3.8.

I just want the 4 day weekend to come! I am stressing so much this week...

Oh yeah! So on February 2010, there are 4 Mondays, 4 Tuesdays, 4 Wednesdays, 4 Thursdays, 4 Fridays, 4 Saturdays, and 4 Sundays. This only happens ever 11 years. And it’s funny how we have 4 days of school and a 4 day weekend after. Everything 4! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment