Friday, February 5, 2010

Chinese New Year Street Fest

The Chinese New Year street fest is this weekend at China town! Even though Chinese New Year is on Valentine's day. But the street fest is going to happen both on Saturday and on Sunday. But I only have time to go on Sunday because on Saturday I have piano lessons for like almost the whole day. So I'll be going on Sunday with a whole bunch of my friends. I bet there are going to be more people going on Saturday though, just because it's the first day and I guess it's more exciting. But anyways, my friends asked me to hang out on Sunday though because some of them have to volunteer on Saturday so I don't think they will have time to wander around the whole street fest. But on Sunday, they can.

I don't even know who I'm going with exactly. A lot of my friends asked me and I just said "yeah, I'm going, so I'll just see you there or something." So I guess I'll just go there and meet up with them and hang out as a giant group. There are people that I know who asked me to hang out that are from different schools too, so I think my group is going to be pretty big. I'm not sure, but oh well.

I think this year's street fest is going to be the same like every other street fests in China town. I wish something amazing can happen though, like some famous person can come here and perform. Since it's China town, I guess someone from China can come perform? That would be pretty cool. And at least I can have another reason to be out with my friends. I also heard that at China town, you can get your ears pierce without having your parents there. I think I want to get another pair of piercings for my ear. I don't know why, I'm just feel like getting one more pair. I don't think my mom will like it, but oh well, she can't "hate" it. They're just earrings. But I'm not even sure where; I should ask my friends.

Right now it's only 6:21 and my friend Arlene wants me to go out later at 7 until 9 to go ice skating with her at Downtown Oakland. I thought that was pretty late but she said it's the weekend and a long week has passed and we should relax and hang out, because I haven't seen her in so long; she goes to San Leandro High School, and she wants to hang out with a group of friends. I don't think my mom would let me hang out but she still wants me to ask. It's almost 7 and my mom still isn't at home yet. But I still doubt my mom is going to let, so I don't think I'm going to go. That's going to disappoint Arlene though, but we can always hang out during the street fest anyways.

I'm also looking forward to the 4 day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment