Friday, April 2, 2010

4th Quarter Goals

Oh my gosh it's already the 4th quarter, which is the last quarter of the school year! I have been counting on how many more school days are left, and I'm not quite sure is it correct, but I counted, there are 45 more school days left until Summer Vacation! I am so excited. And it isSpring break right now!

Anyways, what are my current goals for this blog post during the 4th quarter? Well, on my past blog posts, the only thing I have blogged about was how was my day and all that. It isn't that interesting, but I just don't know what else to write about. Writer's block. Well for this last quarter, I'm planning on reading a whole bunch of books and then I guess write summaries about it; well not really summaries, but more like analysis' and my thoughts and all that. Can I do that? I'm not sure if I can. Because I'm not really a big fan of reading books, unless it somehow interests me.

But right now in class, we are currently doing lit circle reading groups with partners; I'm with Asmita, Michelle, and Ryan. We just finished reading Bastard out of Carolina and right now we are reading Dear John. I'm liking Dear John a lot better than Bastard out of Carolina.

Anyways, I want to improve my writing, and I don't even know if I have improved or not. I don't know why it's so hard to improve though. Why is it so hard? I remember during the 1st semester, we started doing blog posts and we have to have at least 300 words and I thought that was a lot but then I got use to it. But now, we have to write up to 500 words. I think that's even harder, but I don't know, I think I'll get the hang of it, since I'm only writing random stuff right now, so it seems kind of easy I suppose.

I'm stuck in writers block now. I don't know how many words I have right now and I don't really want to check because it's 11:50 right now and I got 10 more minutes until this blog post expire. I totally forgot that I had to do a blog post this week because well today after school, I came home and I had to wait for my mom to pick me up to take me to a doctor's appointment at Oakland. That took almost a whole hour. After that, we went home for a bit and then my mom and I went to Costco to get some stuff and fill gas for her car and then I saw Dina at Costco! I did not know she was at Alameda today. She should have visited during English! But she told me she came around 1:00. Oh well. After that, it was 8 something, and we went back to Alameda. I thought we would be going back home but instead we went to CVS to pick up lotions and creams that my doctor recommended for my dry skin. I’ve been having really dry skin lately, especially when this year’s Winter started. This never happened to me before and I don’t know why or how it happened. I guess it’s because of Winter and also it’s allergy season right now. But oh well, hopefully I’ll recover soon. We went back home around 9 and I went to shower real quick and then I watched some TV and I chatted with some friends and I read a little bit of Dear John until suddenly, I just remembered I got a blog post to do! It’s 11:54 right now and I know I typed more than 500 words so I’m in the safe zone! =)

Well, I hope that even though this school year will end soon, I will continue to do blog posts at least once a week, like what we do now, to improve my writing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment