Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Interhigh: Rise

On Saturday the 17th, I went to piano lessons at 12. I stayed at my piano teacher's house until 5:00 because me and my friends were going to go to this special event called Rise. It was boring waiting for 5 hours though but I had my iPod and my book. Around 5:00, people were coming and we were getting ready to go.
Rise was at Berkeley in a middle school with a huge auditorium. Rise is this special event from Interhigh Fellowship. Interhigh Fellowship that is led by Pastor William Kang, is a place where all Christian Bay Area students from school gather together and discuss different topics that are happening in the world and relations to God. There are UC Berkely mentors trying to train them to be "committed followers of Christ."
The Rise that I went was the 2nd Rise, I didn't go to the first Rise, though I wish I did. This 2nd Rise is about Evidence for the Resurrection. Over 600 people attended Rise from all over the Bay Area.
Rise lasted from 6-9. The people made it seem so dramatic, like as if it was New Years! When we were inside the gym, it wasn't 6:00 yet, and there was a count down! Once it hit 6:00 sharp, everyone was jumping up and down screaming and the Interhigh band came out and we sang a whole bunch of Christian songs. It was so cool and people were clapping with the beat of the songs and jumping up and down, and during the soft mellow songs, everyone closed their eyes to sing and they put their right arms up (trying to connect with God?).
After we were done singing, we sat back down at our seat and we watched a skit about what really happened to Jesus Christ. Did he really rise from the dead? The skit was cute because there were middle schoolers and high schoolers who cooperated in doing the skit and they made it fun. After the skit, a guest speaker, William Lane Craig came in to talk about Jesus Christ and did he really rise from the dead. He talked for a really long time and I understood what was his point, but I didn't understand what he was saying exactly, because he used such big vocabularies! He's so smart too! When he was done talking, we sat in groups and we wrote down some questions that we want to ask him, to see can he really answer them, but we didn't go through all of them because it was almost 9.
10 minutes before 9, everyone put their chairs away and they gave us snacks like cookies and chips. I really thought they would have dinner though because during our Interhigh Fellowship that happens at Bayfarm provides dinner.
At 9 something, our group left and since we were very hungry, we drove around to see if we can find a place to eat. We went back to Oakland and ate at this ice cream shop. Ice cream for dinner... How nice. We went back to my piano teacher's house so the Alameda people can get a ride back to Alameda, because our driver was from Pleasanton... Well, I don't see why he couldn't drop us off at Alameda and made this other guy from Alameda, drive to Oakland, and pick us up, and drive back to Alameda, while the guy from Pleasanton could've drove us back to Alameda, and then go back home to Pleasanton. But whatever, it's okay.
I went back home, I took a shower, and I went to sleep. I was super exhausted! And I had a good night's sleep. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment