Thursday, March 4, 2010

2012

2012. Is the world really coming to an end? Is it just a rumor? Or is it real?
Recently, there was an earthquake that occurred in Haiti with a magnitude of 7.0 on Tuesday, January 12, 2010. About three million people were affected by it; and 217,000 to 230,000 were pronounced dead. The earthquake caused major damage to Port-au-Prince. Everyone was talking about it all over the news and all over the world. Even in Disney Channel, the Disney Channel stars were talking about it and how we should cooperate together and donate money for Haiti. Even school clubs are asking people to donate money for Haiti.
I remember on a Saturday morning on this month, I was on the internet and on Yahoo news, it says that there was another earthquake that is going to happen in 3 hours in Hawaii. I was shocked. When I came home from piano lessons, it said the earthquake was at Chile instead that was a magnitude of 8.8 which may have changed the entire Earth's rotation and shortened the length of days on our planet. (I wonder is that a good thing, like, for me, because usually I feel that the days, especially in school are very long and I just want the day to be over, so I guess it’s probably a good thing for me, but for the world, I’m not sure.)
Earthquakes have happened so many times for these few years and I am still pretty focused on the Hurricane Katrina that happened in 2005 which was the coastline hurricane as well as one of the five deadliest, in the history of the United States. Hurricane Katrina happened at the Bahamas and crossed southern Florida. It caused deaths and floods and strengthening rapidly in the Gulf of Mexico.
Sometimes I am starting to wonder if the world is really going to end soon. Thinking about this right now makes me pretty scared to even think about. Even when I was watching the movie 2012 (which is totally not true, of course) made my skin crawl. It was a good movie and it's so realistic (well yeah, they make all movies realistic) I am just starting to wonder if the world will actually end soon. The people in the movie are considered lucky to have been in those giant ships and survive while a whole portion of people of the world are dead.
I am also much focused on having a bright future and having a successful job and getting married and having children and living in a nice big house and having pets with my wonderful husband and I really don't want the world to end. I mean who knows if it is going to end? People say it's not true but how do they know for sure? The Mayans are pretty smart right? And they just say the world is going to end because they only stopped making the calendar or something. But whatever is the truth; I'm still nervous and still need to be cautious. I think they say it’s going to happen on December 2012 so around that time, I’m supposed to be in college, middle of my freshman year of college.
What's going to happen if there's an earthquake that's going to hit California? Probably as big as the one at Haiti or Chile? Then a whole bunch of people are going to die. Things are going to get damaged. People getting injured... Everything is going to be bad. I'm being really paranoid right now, but I'm just saying. Things lead to other things in unexpected ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment