Thursday, May 6, 2010

Giving up something for 48 hours

If I could give up anything for 48 hours, I would choose my laptop. You have no idea how many hours I spend on my laptop everyday right when I come home from school. Usually I check my facebook, chat with people on AIM, and of course do my homework. Even though there aren't that many things to do on Face Book, I'm still on it a log. That is why it takes me so long to finish my homework, when it doesn't really take that long to finish.
A few years ago, probably when I was in middle school, I always go online to watch those really cheesy Asian dramas every single day. During the summer, when I didn't have summer school, when I stayed home all summer, the first thing I do when I wake up was turn on my computer, sign on AIM, and watch Asian dramas. I think I watched about 4 dramas that summer. I'm surprised my eye sight is still perfect. But right now, I don't even have time to watch dramas anymore.
For these past years, I've been going on the computer a lot. So I would like to try this little experiment soon, just to see what the results would be like. To do so, I really need to put my laptop somewhere where I won't be able to reach to. I guess I can give it to my mom and she can take it to her to work for the whole day until when she comes back home which is around 6PM. But that doesn't mean that when she comes back I can go on my laptop!

I think I really am addicted to my laptop. It would be kind of hard because this is like a typical routine I do every single day. What would I do though? Well I can get my homework finished early and I'd probably have a few hours of free time before I go to bed (during the weekday). I can probably practice my piano! I have piano lessons every Saturday and I don't really practice that much... because I'm always on the computer! (Duh). Also I can probably read a book. What about during the weekend? I would have so much free time. Maybe I can go out and take a walk? My parents probably won't even let because they think it's "dangerous". But if I go with friends then I will be able to go! Maybe during the weekend, my family and I should go out to have a picnic somewhere. When I was little, we use to have picnics at Bay Farm. We should have that more often.
Now when I think about it, I think I would prefer to not go on my laptop for like a week. I've been on it too much for all these years and I want to do something nice and useful. I don't want to just sit there staring at a screen for 7+ hours. And despite the fact that I still have perfect eye sight, I might not have perfect eye sight when I will be older! I don't even like wearing glasses anyways, and by going on the computer a lot, I will be wearing glasses soon.
Because I am addicted to going on the computer just to go on Face Book and chat on AIM with friends and go on You Tube, I am so glad that I am not addicted to any sort of video games. A lot of my friends tried to convince me to play video games with them like Maple Story, Witch of Warcraft, Modern Warfare, Call of Duty and other kinds of fighting/shooting games, that I don't even know if girls play. But I said no, because I don't even like playing video games. I don't even have a DS or PSP or Wii or anything. If I do play those games a lot, then I will be in serious trouble. But I'm glad I'm not. And I really do think I can not use the computer for 48 hours. Or more. Maybe. I should try it and I'll blog about what it's like.

1 comment:

  1. tablet laptops are slooww get a touchscreen computer :D they're awesome. and it's called World of Warcraft...not Witch of Warcraft

    ReplyDelete